Saturday, November 28, 2009

Poetry and music?

I think that all poetry is music but not all music is poetry. When I say all poetry is music I don't mean music like instrumentals and singing but more like music as an artistic form of expresson. And when I say that not all music is poetry I mean that only good music (e.g. Common, Lauryn Hill, etc.) is poetry, but the rest is just music. Do you agree? What do you think?



Poetry and music?

-(Myspace music www.myspace.com)



I think you are absolutely right. I think that i have always felt that way, and you have put your finger on exactly what sets apart the good art from the bad. Thanks for the enlightenment.



Poetry and music?

-(Myspace.com graphics myspace.com)



I mostly agree, but I think that in a way, even if it's bad most music is poetry. It's art and self expression.
I pretty much agree completely.
if u have hear a symphony in full by a great orchestra then u would revise your info. all music in one way or another is artistic expression. comparing music to poetry or vice-versa is like comparing food to art, each has it's own way of speaking it's message
all lyrics of music are poetry, some of it is just really bad poetry. but by saying poetry is music you say music is poetry. you're just playing with semantics and making either term meaningless by combining them into one genre of poetry-music. in fact what you say is poetry and music are both artistic forms of expression, but some music is not artistic. the lyrics are poetic, the music is musical. some songs are poetry set to music. and sometimes music is just a modern forum to express poetry cause so few ppl read poetry anymore. there is good and bad and good and bad poetry and in combination there are all degrees of each.

No comments:

Post a Comment