Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Does music enhance emotions?

It has always felt strange to me that. I feel a little depressed, and I pop in Pink Floyd's "The Wall," and the height of my emotion rises to its fullest. Making my head spin and the emotion fill my brain. It intrigues me, that music has such a positive/negative effect. And I wanna know how you feel when you listen to a certain type of music with a certain emotion.



When I listen to something upbeat and energetic it sort of alters my emotion to a bit more optimistic feel, and a more pleasurable experience. But, another question is, does music unleash your true emotion? Or do the beautiful sound of music that enters are ears just sort of trick our minds into thinking, feeling, and reacting differently? Its almost as if it was a drug, certain genres and different songs have different mind-altering affects. What are your thoughts on this? Do you feel the same? Do you feel different when listening to music? Do you feel influenced? Does your mood change? Share with me.



Does music enhance emotions?

-(Myspace music www.myspace.com)



For me, I think it depends on lyrics. The more I relate to it, the more I feel.



Does music enhance emotions?

-(Myspace.com graphics myspace.com)



Its kindof like what you said, I'll listen to Cathedral and feel like I'm experiencing it first-hand. Like im inside looking at everything and being there.
rock music makes me energetic and nasty.



romantic songs keeps me happy and nice.



emo music makes me depressed and i love them. lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment