Sunday, December 6, 2009

Music isn't playing on Windows Movie Maker even after being imported?

I have imported music and then drag it down to where I want it in the audio/music of the video clips but as it plays the videos it doesn't play the music. The music is .mp3 so it should be okay. What should I do? I've put music on Windows Movie Maker before and not had this problem so could the music be bad or something(I have played the music on itunes so I know there is music on the file...)?



Music isn't playing on Windows Movie Maker even after being imported?

-(Myspace music www.myspace.com)



I think that either your file is encrypted (locked) which is what happens if you buy a legal download, so you can't share it with other people. If this is the case, you can unlock it by burning it on an audio CD (not mp3 CD). This will decrypt any encrypted mp3s.



If this isn't the case, perhaps Windows Movie Maker can't read mp3s. I haven't any experience in Windows Movie Maker, I use Final Cut Pro and Avid Xpress. Both applications I use would require rendering if I used a compressed file (an .mp3 is a compressed audio file). I usually have to convert the file into a .wav file or an .aiff. I would recommend you put your copy the song from your CD in Windows Media Player, and change the importing options (temporarily) from mp3 to wav. Wav files are uncompressed and universal (any application can read a wav because they are not encrypted.)



This sounds like a lot of work, but it shouldn't take more than 10 minutes or so. Good luck.



Music isn't playing on Windows Movie Maker even after being imported?

-(Myspace.com graphics myspace.com)



In WMM, click on the Help Tab to learn exactly how to insert music files.

No comments:

Post a Comment