Thursday, December 3, 2009

Music practice demands discipline, how do you get it?

music demands concentration and being single minded for the time you're practicising, but as soon as one sits down to practice, there is always something else that needs to be done. and there is never enough time in the day and before you know it the day has gone and there's been very little practice if any, help. Are there any courses in melbourne which train you to really focus on music skills and perfect and having the patience to repeat and repeat the same piece till it's nearly perfect whether its on guitar or piano.



This is the biggest challenge for me because I had no music training as a child and i am trying to teach myself piano and guitar and the discipline is just not there but i still want to perservere because thats all I want to do at this point in my life.



appreciate comments %26amp; if anyone knows of a course out there whether on internet or in Melbourne Australia which really trains one to focus %26amp; concentrate on music and music only sincerely welcome feedback thankyou



Music practice demands discipline, how do you get it?

-(Myspace music www.myspace.com)



I trained as a singer but I was at performing arts college so I had to practice



The main thing is to really enjoy it - I refused to sing opera at college even though the heads of music wanted me to. I only sang stuff that I loved and ended up in two Broadway shows



I think you need to get a really good private teacher to go to once a week. They will motivate you and keep you on track



Music practice demands discipline, how do you get it?

-(Myspace.com graphics myspace.com)



PASSION
If you don't already have the discipline it takes - then do something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment