Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Why did music get so crappy after the 80's ended?

Although there was still good music just into the early 90's, myself and many others have been wondering why music all of a sudden got so awful all of a sudden. Its like the instrumentation and style of music changed completely overnight. 80's pop, Italodisco, Europop, Eurodisco, Hi-NRG, etc... all seem to have died out, primarily in America. The only decent music since then has been Eurodance, which has basically been a continuation of the Hi-Nrg style that gradually developed throughout the 80's and 90's. I turn on the music and hear absolutely horrid accoustic music by Dave Matthews, Coldplay, and other untalented artists. Also, why did rap get so popular? The music isn't wholesome at all, the lyrics are absolutely awful, and there's no talent put into it. Listening to 80's music actually makes you want to dance, puts you in high spirits, etc. Why did music get so bad all of a sudden? Can't wait for the answers...



Why did music get so crappy after the 80's ended?

-(Myspace music www.myspace.com)



Music didn't get crappy, you just got old.



Why did music get so crappy after the 80's ended?

-(Myspace.com graphics myspace.com)



What's wholesome about disco? All they talk about in disco songs is getting laid or trying to...
I don't think music got worse, I just think its harder to find something that suits you, especially on the radio.



There is plenty of good new music out there if you care to look. I have so many friends that are stuck in the 80s musically and its kinda sad really.



I don't like Dave Matthews, but I can appreciate that some people do. And you can keep your disco, its not my style, but good for you if you like it.



Always Something - by I Hate Kate is a fun new song



give it a try!
Freddie Mercury died.



Maybe it is just because no good bands have risen since? No bands with creativity and flare.
Not necessarily crappy, it's just that it seems that genuine talent and originality is not an issue anymore as it used to be. I personally love the 80's and the majority of my music collection are 80's and prior. I still see quite a few talented artists today but most of them have sampled from or are emulating an earlier artist and is not bringing anything new to the table. Sad...
I liked the music they made under the influence of the old drugs, but these new drugs make them lose their minds!



Yes, I know I just said I like drug induced music but I'm a big Waylon Jennings fan! And we know he was on something! Remember, he got arrested for possession of something he didn't have...

No comments:

Post a Comment