Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Music schools, what do you think?

Here is my official announcement. I have been accepted to the University of Wales Bangor pending my graduation from the University of Southern Mississippi. My degree will be MA Music, and my principal subjects will be historical musicology (early music) and performance practice.



I was not accepted at Cambridge, but I'm not worrying about it. The music professors at Bangor have kept in constant contact with me since October (two months before sending the actual application!) and this shows that they care about prospective students. I never heard anything from Cam. Instead, I had to log onto the server with my application number and check the status. It's funny that I get an acceptance and rejection on the same day. Cambridge's loss and Bangor's gain.



Bangor is voted as the being top place to study music in the UK (by students), a full 100% satisfaction.



Google "Bangor Wales" and look at that stunning location. Or google "Snowdonia" for these mountains are within full view of the cam



Music schools, what do you think?

-(Myspace music www.myspace.com)



Berklee College of Music in Boston is better.



Music schools, what do you think?

-(Myspace.com graphics myspace.com)



CHECK ON THE ALUMNI AND FIND OUT "WHERE THEY ARE NOW"



ALSO, CHECK ON THE PROFILES OF THE FACULTY AND ALSO CHECK THE COMPLAINT FILES ON THE FACULTY MEMBERS



THIS INFORMATION SHOULD BE READILY AVAILABLE; IF IT'S NOT, BEWARE
My initial reaction is ABROAD! I've always wanted to study abroad. But I would suggest checking out where people go and what they do after studying there. And I applied to Oxford. It's brutal at those two schools. But It's probably going to be an amazing experience. Besides, you have all these countries with all their resources within hours of your grasp. Plus, Welsh is one of the rarest languages in the world! Why did you only apply to two colleges? I did the same thing. This time around I'm doing more than that! Grad school is much tougher, especially abroad.



Anyway, you know all this. Good luck.



Oh ya CONGRATULATIONS!



~Lisa



I looked at it. Sounds perfect for you! :) Really perfect. It's good to have your future planned out. And Indiana is a killer school too. I know Welsh schools are great cause I've been researching them.
CONGRATULATIONS!!! After your upset yesterday, I am very happy for you! This seems to be a perfect fit. So - the thesis in question is really a senior paper - I could not have been the only one who misunderstood you, and though it was a MASTERS thesis! So 5 weeks is not such a problem - a senior paper is NOT as complicated as a MM thesis - YOU CAN DO THIS. Now, with this new frame of mind, you should have your confidence back in full force! From Mississippi to Wales ! Wow! Good luck to you!
Congratulations, I am jealous now. LOL



Yes, always study overseas if you have the opportunity ; you will gain so much more from the experience than just a music degree.
Congratulations!! Will you still continue on Y Answers?
depends on the instrument and stylistic expertise of the chosen college. may I suggest the University of the Pacific in Stockton CA. it has a top notch music program especially for JAZZ studies ( Dave Brubeck was among its' top students ) it is fully accrecited ,costs much less than some of the others you named , it's in sunny california only about 2 hours from San Francisco. you owe it to your self to research this smaller gem of a university! personally I'm a proud graduate of GUITAR INSTITUTE of TECHNOLOGY in hollywood but thats much more of a trade school . U.O.P is a 4 year college. good luck!!!
Woo-hoo!!!! What an opportunity. I know you're going to love it there.



Congratulations on the acceptance, and, yeah, it is Cambridge's loss.



... really, not half-bad for a person who "can't write about music, can't sing it, can't play it, and apparently can't discuss it logically." :-)



You're the best!



... hopefully the required Gaelic keyboard won't be too much of an inconvenience for you. Do drop us a post card when your train arrives at Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwlll...
ABROAD! DON'T MISS THE OPPORTUNITY! It's going to be so much fun! Enjoy new experiences! And besides, schools in Europe are much better than North America. And there's no question in that.
Music school , University and prformence totaly differnt.early stage schooling then University.Permence,one artiste create his/her creativity %26amp; grown new application and creativity.Performar select his full confidence and to try some better to better.This is the new musical life.Each performence create new dimentaion.It's a real activity of artistes.Be a smart and good thinking and lots of prctice he/she enrich all dimention.Be a musician's comments.Dipak Chakraborty,
Congratulations! I don't know anything about that school -- who's on their musicology faculty?



(did somebody REALLY recommend Berklee in Boston as a place to go for an early music degree??)

No comments:

Post a Comment