Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Music files transfer and now it does not play?

I have close to 4500 music files on my old pc and transferred the music onto my laptop. To my amazement does the laptop not play the music even though it was transferred and is my own music(no downloaded music, only cds loaded on the machine). As you can imagine, I do not want to load over 300 cds onto the laptop. That's time consuming and tedious. I also loaded everything on an external drive as a backup and it would not play from there either.



I am using Windows Media Player 10 on both, the old pc and the laptop and do not understand what's happening here. All I know is that this is my music, legitimately transferred from one pc to the next, and even though it plays on my old machine, it would not play on my new one. Why would I need licenses for my own music? Any way I can get this to play without having to go through loading the music onto the laptop? It did get transferred as wma files, not as mp3. Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Music files transfer and now it does not play?

-(Myspace music www.myspace.com)



Is there any error you are getting or is it just that the sound is not coming out.



In the latter case, there may be some issue of sound card configuration on your laptop.



Sorry for not being very helpful, but if you can add these details may be we can help out.



Music files transfer and now it does not play?

-(Myspace.com graphics myspace.com)



try another music player like winamp,



don't use windows media player to rip your songs, most likely thats where the problem lies. If the songs had drm on them, then its normal you can't play them, however i believe you can crack the drm

No comments:

Post a Comment